As we all are aware that Ransomware has been an active/growing trend and ongoing threat since September 2013. It is also been found that in almost 200 countries and territories the data of the businessmen has been hacked through Ransomware virus in the year 2016. But what exactly is Ransomware and where it comes from??
Ransomware is a kind of cyber attack that involves hackers taking control of a computer or mobile device and demanding payment. In simple words, it is a type of malware or a program that infects the computer system either by clicking on the wrong thing or downloading the wrong thing as it locks the keyboard or computer to prevent you from accessing your data. Basically, it holds the files of the computer for “ransom” by encrypting or preventing access to operating system such as Windows and threatens to block access to the files until a ransom is paid which is usually demanded in Bitcoin.
Ransomware is created by scammers who are highly knowledgeable in computer programming. The data can be protected and recovered from a Ransomware attack with the help of variety of tips and tools developed in collaboration with law enforcement and security firms that are available to decrypt your computer. Some of the tips to prevent from ransomware attack are:
1. Back up the Data on regular basis i.e. with the help of a portable hard drive
2. Scan Attachment i.e. the user must download only those attachments in the system which is being received via email of which he/she has a complete knowledge.
3. Never download .exe attachments as it could be a Ransomware attack
4. Show extensions i.e. always show the extensions of the files if you are a window user which enables the user to see the files whether there are renasomware or not
5. User Firewall i.e. keep on the window firewall
6. Disable Remote Sharing i.e. do not keep on the Remote Sharing option on in the window as may cause ransomware attack in the user computer system
7. Disable all Networks i.e. keep the internet off if there is any chance of ransomware attack in the system as encryption takes time.
8. Disable Autoplay i.e. disable the Autoplay function always if the user plays USB.
Marg ERP 9+, a complete business management Software which enables the user to run the business. It also helps to protect the business data from Ransomware by giving a seven layer protection to it.
Go ahead. It will just take a second!Enter your Email Address